Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Without Words - Love Actually (2003)

Who ever said a movie monologue had to be spoken?







While Love Actually is filled with possibly some of the cutest romantic comedy scenes I've come across, this is by far my favorite and no one says a thing.  I don't know if it's realistic, but hey that's what movies are for, right?


I don't really have any profound thoughts here, other than the fact that sometimes not saying anything can be more powerful than babbling. I mean, it's so easy to forget what to say or maybe you say something you don't mean. Things get lost in translation all the time. But body language, looks, stares, whatever, sometimes tells us more than what words can. It's like the motto "actions speak louder than words." 


Anyways, if you've seen Love Actually, what's your favorite scene? It's hard to pick one, though I suppose if you detest the movie, as many do, you could easily tell me the faults in the one I chose.

1 comment:

  1. Love Actually has made its way into "Movies I have to watch between Thanksgiving and Christmas." The whole movie is amazing. My favorite scene has to be when Collin Firth's character is running around the streets of Portugal with half the city trailing him in search of Aurelia, then he finds her and they both figure out they have been learning each other's language. Gets me every time.

    ReplyDelete